Our community giving
"We must be good citizens — support good works and charities and bear our fair share of taxes. We must encourage civic improvements and better health and education." — Our Credo
Around the world, the magnitude of our giving touches the lives of millions of people every year. Our Global mission focuses on saving and improving lives, helping community members build skills, and ensuring they have the resources for proper health care and disease prevention programs.
Since we believe in helping communities where our employees live and work and areas that have been devastated by natural or other disasters, our Corporate giving has touched the lives of people in Africa, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and in North America.
In Canada, our philanthropic mission is to fulfill Our Credo responsibilities to our communities through community-based partnerships. These partnerships have a significant impact on the health and wellness of Canadians and build a strong connection between our employees, our company and our communities.
Our giving programs in Canada are focused on organizations and programs that support:
- Women’s and children’s health and wellness
- Advancing health care knowledge and skills specifically to support disease prevention and research, and caregiver skills enhancement.
Employee Donation Matching Program
At Johnson & Johnson Inc., we believe in setting a corporate example of caring and reward our employees who dedicate both time and money to causes that are close to their hearts.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. matches the personal donations of our employees in full through our payroll deduction matching program. That means that for every dollar our employees donate, we donate another dollar on their behalf.
Organizations we support include:
Sponsored events and programs
- Angus Glen Half Marathon — Johnson & Johnson Inc. is a presenting sponsor of this charitable, not-for-profit event that raises funds for Markham Stouffville Hospital's Emergency and Mental Health Services. Our employees run, walk and volunteer to support our community hospital.
- Splash & Dash — Since its inception in 2002, Johnson & Johnson Inc. has been the title sponsor of Splash & Dash, a run/swim/run relay for corporations, families and schools to raise funds for the Sarah Cook Fund of the Cedars Cancer Institute for Children. The Fund helps fulfill the long-term needs of the Oncology Department of the Montreal Children's Hospital, its young patients and their families.
- Safe Kids Canada — We are proud to partner with Safe Kids Canada, the national leader in Child safety, committed to reducing unintentional injury (the leading cause of death among children) and to be the founding sponsor of Safe Kids Week in North America.
- Look Good Feel Better — A positive attitude goes a long way when combating cancer. To help women cope with appearance-related side effects of cancer, Johnson & Johnson Inc. is a leading sponsor of this program, providing financial support and beauty and skincare products for their cornerstone free beauty workshops.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies first provided disaster relief in 1906 and today we still respond consistently to "hot spots" that require emergency relief due to natural or man-made disasters. We provide wound care, infection prevention, analgesic and orthopedic products.
In Canada, Johnson & Johnson Inc. works with local affiliates and international relief partners to provide consumer, pharmaceutical and medical products. We are proud to support the work of Health Partners International of Canada (HPIC) — a medical aid agency that provides donated medicines, vaccines, medical supplies and devices to Canadian doctors, non-governmental organizations and countries in need of medical aid.
We're proud of the many ways we care for our community, including the awards and recognition we have received. See our Awards & Recognition page for more information.
A note to organizations looking for our support
Johnson & Johnson Inc. is dedicated to helping others in need. We have established strong community partnerships and are actively supporting these organizations to support our mission of having a significant impact on the health and wellness of Canadians and building a strong connection between our employees, our company and our communities. As such, we are currently not accepting unsolicited requests for financial donations, grants, funding, sponsorships, promotional items, and coupon or product donations. We wish you great success with your worthy cause.