USE BY MINORS
An individual under the age of majority may use the Service only with the prior consent of his or her parent or legal guardian.
Parents: If your child has submitted personal information and you would like to request that such Personal Information be removed, please contact us as explained below under Contacting Us.
We may ask you to submit personal information in order for you to benefit from certain features (such as newsletter subscriptions, tips/pointers, or order processing) or to participate in a particular activity (such as sweepstakes or other promotions). You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional.
We may combine the information you submit through the service with other information we have collected from you, whether on or offline, including, for example, your purchase history. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from other sources, such as other Johnson & Johnson Affiliates, publicly available information sources (including information from your publicly available social media profiles), and other third-party information provider.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., Social Insurance Numbers, mailing address, credit card information, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or philosophical beliefs, health, sex life or sexual orientation, criminal background, or trade union membership, or biometric or genetic data for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual) on or through the Service or otherwise.
AUTOMATIC INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We and our service providers may automatically collect and use information in the following ways as you navigate around the Service:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operating system name and version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access the Service through a mobile device. We use this information to ensure that the Service functions properly.
- You can refuse to accept these cookies by following your browser's instructions; however, if you do not accept them, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Service. You may also not receive advertising or other offers from us that are relevant to your interests and needs. To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Using Flash cookies: Our use of Adobe Flash technology (including Flash Local Stored Objects ("Flash LSOs")) allows us to, among other things, serve you with more tailored information, facilitate your ongoing access to and use of the Service, and collect and store information about your use of the Service. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and following the instructions. Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
- Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies: These may be used in connection with some Service pages and HTML‑formatted e‑mail messages to, among other things, track the actions of users and e‑mail recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about Service usage.
- IP address: Your IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Service, along with the time of the visit and the pages visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many online services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Service usage levels, diagnosing server problems, and administering the Service. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address. Your IP address may also be used for purposes of interest-based advertising.
- Interest-based advertising: We may use third-party advertising companies to display advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Service and other online services, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Service and other online services on any of your devices. To do so, we or these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags) or collect your IP address. These technologies may be used in conjunction with information collected about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, such as a unique device identifier, to understand how you use the Service.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent to use your personal information at the point of such information collection. Consent can be express (express consent may be in writing or electronic), implied (such as when you provided your name and address in order for us to send you products or information you have requested) and may be given by your authorized representative (such as a legal guardian or person having a power of attorney).
Some examples of our use of your personal information may include:
- Accomplishing our business purposes.
- for data analysis, for example, to improve the efficiency of the Service;
- for audits, to verify that our internal processes function as intended and are compliant with legal, regulatory, or contractual requirements;
- for fraud and security monitoring purposes, for example, to detect and prevent cyberattacks or attempts to commit identity theft;
- for developing new products and services;
- for enhancing, improving or modifying our website or products and services;
- for identifying Service usage trends, for example, understanding which parts of our Service are of most interest to users; and
- for determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, so that we can adapt our campaigns to the needs and interests of our users.
- Analysis of Personal Information to provide personalized services.
- to better understand your preferences, so that we can personalize our interactions with you and provide you with information and/or offers tailored to your interests;
- to better understand your preferences so that we can deliver content via the Service that we believe will be relevant and interesting to you.
We also disclose information collected through the Service:
- to our third-party partners with whom we offer a co‑branded or co‑marketed promotion;
- to our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e‑mail and direct mail delivery services, auditing, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services; and
- as permitted by applicable law, to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
In addition, we may use and disclose your information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) to comply with legal process or applicable law, which may include laws outside your country of residence; (b) as permitted by applicable law to respond to requests from public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; and (d) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others. We may also use and disclose your information in other ways, after obtaining your consent to do so if such consent is required by law.
We may use and disclose information we collect automatically as described above, under "Automatic Information Collection and Use."
In addition, where permitted by applicable law, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is identifiable (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may opt out from:
- Receiving marketing communications from us: If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us on a going‑forward basis, marketing emails will include instructions as to how to unsubscribe, or you may unsubscribe by contacting us via our email online form. In your request to us, please specify "unsubscribe" and provide your name, identify the form(s) of marketing communications that you no longer wish to receive, and include the address(es) to which it/they are sent. For example, if you no longer wish to receive marketing e‑mails or direct mail from us, tell us that, and provide your name and e‑mail or postal address.
- Receiving reminders from us: If you no longer want to receive reminders from us on a going‑forward basis, you may opt out using the instructions in the reminder message;
- Our sharing of your personal information with affiliates and third‑party partners: If you previously opted in to receiving marketing communications from our affiliates or third-party partners, you may opt out of our sharing of your personal information with those parties for their direct marketing purposes on a going‑forward basis by following the unsubscribe instructions within the email or contacting us via our email online form. In your communication to us, please state that we should no longer share your personal information with our affiliates and/or third‑party partners for their marketing purposes, and include your name and e‑mail address.
We will comply with your request(s) within 10 days of receipt as required by law. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your personal information from the databases of our affiliates with which we have already shared your information (i.e., as of the date that we implement your opt‑out request). Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing‑related messages from us, we may still send you important transactional and administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
How you can access, change, or delete your personal information
If you would like to review, correct, update, restrict, or delete your personal information, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent these rights are provided to you by applicable law), please contact us via our online form. We will respond to your request as soon as reasonably practicable. If circumstances cause any undue delay in our response, you will be promptly notified and provided a date for our response. You may also visit the Service to update your online profile.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using our Service or by providing consent to us (where required by law), your information may be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, including to the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country. While outside of Canada, your personal information will be subject to applicable foreign legal requirements, which may include lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government authorities in certain circumstances.
DISCLOSURES – Use of Service Providers
We may transfer personal information to outside agents or service providers as describe above. We take contractual or other means to ensure that your personal information that may be collected, used, disclosed, accessed, stored or otherwise processed by the service provider on our behalf is protected and not used or disclosed for purposes other than directed by us, subject to legal requirement in foreign jurisdictions applicable to those organizations.
Please refer to the CONTACTING US section below in order to contact us to request access to written information about a) the service providers outside of Canada who may collect, use, disclose, access, store your personal information, b) the purposes for collecting, using disclosing, accessing or storing your personal information, or c) where information will be held or the categories of persons who will have access to it.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures designed to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below. However, you are solely responsible for implementing safeguards to protect the security and integrity of your computer system.
We will retain your personal information for as long as needed or permitted in connection with the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Service to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation, or regulatory investigations).
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
Johnson & Johnson Inc. Consumer Care Centre located at 199 Grandview Road Skillman, NJ 08558-9418 is responsible for the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information under this policy.