Johnson & Johnson Canada Accessibility Statement
The Johnson & Johnson family of companies in Canada (“J&J Canada”) is committed to providing goods and services in a manner that is accessible for persons with disabilities and in accordance with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity. We believe in building a culture that respects the dignity and differences of all individuals. This is the driving force behind our success.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is supported through our actions, decisions, and initiatives. At J&J Canada, our mission of serving others includes everyone! We believe that everyone deserves equal opportunity for employment, development and advancement. J&J Canada is committed to making its communications accessible to everyone, including people with disabilities. We will make every reasonable effort to conform our websites to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, Level A & AA and comply with Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and applicable accessibility laws.
To ensure all customers can easily navigate all J&J Canada websites, J&J Canada has put in place the Accessible Customer Service Policy and the Accessibility Policy and Plan to improve opportunities and accessibility for people with disabilities. We have also partnered with eSSENTIAL Accessibility to develop and manage our digital accessibility program. Our accessibility program evaluates and audits our digital communications on an ongoing basis and is supported by a diverse team of accessibility professionals, including people with disabilities. We are working to ensure our digital content meets required accessibility standards, and goes beyond minimum compliance by making an assistive CX technology application available free through our digital properties, for customers who have trouble typing, gesturing, moving a mouse, or reading.
An example of some of our websites we are currently working on include, but are not limited to:
Our strategy includes implementation of WCAG 2.0, Level AA requirements, where practicable, to all new and existing websites that have undergone major refresh by January 1, 2014. We reviewed existing feedback processes to ensure they were accessible to people with disabilities upon request by January 1, 2015. Finally, we have ensured all publicly available information was made accessible by January 1, 2016. J&J Canada strives to achieve:
• WCAG 2.0, Level AA requirements embedded into approval processes for the creation of new web content prior to January 1, 2021 where possible.
• Where possible, assistive technology will continue to be made available on our major websites. This complimentary accessible browser will help individuals navigate the web more easily on any website.
• We will monitor information and communication needs identified and consult with people with disabilities to determine appropriate formats and communication supports as required. Information will be provided in a timely manner at no cost to the public. While we are working to continually improve the usability of our website for people of all abilities, there are some 3rd party areas of our website that are not in our direct control, including (Reviews (Bazaarvoice) plugin, Share Button (Janrain which is part of Akami), Social Media plugins). If you are having difficulty navigating these sites, please contact the company directly. We want to hear from you if you encounter any accessibility barriers on our digital properties. Please contact us via the email/phone number below.
Accessible formats of this document are available free of charge upon request. For more information on J&J Canada’s accessibility policies and multi-year plan, please contact us. To ensure we can reach you to provide further information, please include the following information:
• Your name
• Your affiliation (e.g. Customer, visitor, etc.)
• Your contact information (address, telephone and/or email)
• A brief summary of your feedback
By Email: [email protected]
By Telephone: TTY (1-800-722-1322) and toll free (1-877-223-9807)
Reference links for above: